Read More »
Whether it be a wedding, a sweet sixteen, or a quinceañera, daddies and daughters come together and take on the world step-by-step. Choosing the proper song for this rite of passage can be a bit tricky because you want to ensure that you’re giving off the right tone. Do you want to be sweet and cute? Or do you want to break it down on the dance floor?
First, consider the relationship you have with your dad. Are you constantly laughing? Do you share a more serious bond?
Or better yet, check out these eight classic songs to describe your father-daughter relationship:
- “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman. This song is perfect no matter what age the daughter may be. Each of the verses takes you through a young girl’s life from playing dress up at age three to the prom to walking down the aisle. This tune is perfect for a slow waltz and may bring the guests to tears.
- “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon. You may recognize the cover of this song from The Wild Thornberry’s Movie. We were moved to tears as Nigel put his daughter, Eliza on a plane to England without him. The words ring true to this classic father daughter dance number and make for a great slow song.
- “Shout” by the Isley Brothers. “You make me wanna shout…” This song is perfect for a father daughter song with a lighter tone because sometimes girls make their dads want to shout.
- “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle. “Butterfly kisses and bedtime prayers…” the line depicts the true depth of the bond between daddy and his littler girl. Guaranteed to make your Nana sob.
- “Roam” by the B52’s. A song that you’ve heard in your own dad’s car on repeat thousands of times, and secretly know every word to. This song brings on some disco and will get everybody up and moving.
- “Brown-Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison. Daddy’s little brown-eyed girl is all grown up and ready to start a new part of her life, but is Daddy ready to let her go?
- “My Girl” by the Monkees. Dad’s can claim their little girls as theirs forever and always, so why not celebrate with the go to song?
- “Vienna” by Billy Joel. “Slow down you crazy child…” We all know that’s probably how our parents have always felt. Watching daddy’s little girl stroll down the aisle with him arm in arm makes the memories roll in and he relates quite fondly with Steve Martin in the movie Father of the Bride.
Are you ready to hit the dance floor with these crazy father daughter beats? I sure am! Bring your boogie shoes to the reception!